Asset-Liability Management in Banks
a. To Familiarize the Participants with the Policies, Techniques and Strategies Involved in Effective Management of Assets and Liabilities of Banks and Financial Institutions.
b. To Develop Skilled Manpower Needed for Effective Management of Various Risks that arise from the Bank's Dealing with Assets and Liabilities.
a. Regulatory Framework of Asset Liability Management - Policy Statement, Structure of ALM and ALCO Paper.
b. Financial Statements of Banks and Financial Institutions.
c. Deposit and Non-Deposit Liabilities and their Management.
d. Management of Earning Asset Portfolio.
e. Capital Management under BASEL Framework.
f. Off-Balance Sheet Activities and their Implications.
g. Liquidity Management- Demand for and Supply of Liquidity, Maturity Profiles and Forecasting Liquidity Requirements, Strategies for Managing Liquidity Risk.
h. Interest Rate Risk Management-Mismatch between Assets and Liabilities, Gap and Duration Analysis and Hedging Techniques.
i. Treasury Operations of a Bank-Policies and Dimensions, Relation between Money Market and Foreign Exchange Operations.
j. Pricing of Banking Products and Pricing of Internal Fund Transfer.
1. BIBM member banks can access the online nomination form before forty (40) days of the commencement of programs. BIBM member banks can nominate a maximum number of five (05) participants for a Training Course / Training Workshop. The maximum number of participants in each Training Course / Training Workshop is 40. However, if the number of total nominees exceeds the maximum number, a final list of 40 participants will be prepared by the BIBM authority which will be available online five (05) days prior to the commencement of the Training Course / Training Workshop. Information in regard to rejection of any nomination will be communicated to the concerned bank at least three (03) days before the commencement of the Training Course / Training Workshop. No participant under the target group/level is allowed to participate in any Training Course / Training Workshop.
2. All member banks are required to pay Tk.1000 per day per participant including holidays (if any) as a course fee. All charges are excluding VAT and Tax.
3. The pay order/bank draft drawn in favor of ‘Bangladesh Institute of Bank Management” has to be sent at least seven (07) days prior to the commencement of the Training Course / Training Workshop.
4. BIBM will send Meeting ID to the nominated participants (through email) to join the zoom meeting app-based interactive session. Moreover, the course Coordination Team and BIBM Training Wing will regularly communicate with the nominated participants for further updates.
5. The Training for each day will be as follows:
1st Session: 11.00 am – 12.00 pm
2nd Session 12.05 pm – 13.05 pm
Lunch & Prayer Break: 13.05 pm – 14.05 pm
3rd Session 14.05 pm – 15.05 pm
4th Session 15.10 pm – 16.10 pm